The Best Golf Courses in Michigan
Did you know that Michigan has some of the top-rated golf courses in the entire country? Well, it’s true! In fact, both Golf Magazine and Golf Digest have consistently ranked some of the golf courses in Michigan in their annual “top 100” lists. The majority of these golf courses are open to the public, too- in fact, there are more than 600 public golf courses in Michigan, featuring every level of play for golfers of all skill sets.
Now that summer is officially upon us, shine up those golf clubs and get ready to hit one of the many beautiful golf courses in Michigan.
Beautiful Golf Courses in Michigan
Whether you’re an expert golfer or just like an excuse to get out and enjoy a day on the green with some friends, the golf courses in Michigan do not disappoint! Plan your trip in advance for some great “play and stay” deals, too.
Here are just a few of the top golf courses in Michigan, according to Golf Michigan:
1) Arcadia Bluffs Golf Course: This public course in Arcadia is open seven days a week from mid-April to mid-November and is perfect for golfers of all skill sets! It sits on the bluffs above the shores of Lake Michigan where players will enjoy breathtaking views of the lake from all points on the course.
2) Bay Harbor Golf Club: Located in lovely Bay Harbor, golfers can enjoy 27 holes on three different courses. Situated along the Little Traverse Bay coastline, this course has been called one of the most visually unique courses in the Midwest.
3) Forest Dunes Golf Club: This course is located in Roscommon amidst 500 acres of heavily wooded landed within the Huron National Forest. Forest Dunes has been called a “bucket list” course for any avid golfer.
4) Greywalls: In Marquette, Michigan, Marquette Golf Club features a nationally-ranked new edition, the semi-private Greywalls. GolfWeek named this course the #2 course in Michigan and truly features an unforgettable golf experience.
5) Lakewood Shores Resort: Lakewood Shores Resort in Oscoda specializes in golfing, accomodations, and dining that will make you feel like you’ve been transported across the pond to Scotland.
Detroit Area Golf Courses
A little bit closer to several National Storage locations, there are plenty of beautiful golf courses in this region of the state, too! GolfNow.com put together a list of some public golf courses to check out in the Metro Detroit area, including:
1) Boulder Pointe Golf Club and Banquet Center: Also named by Golf Magazine as one of the top 50 courses in the state of Michigan, this 27-hole semi-private course sits across 1,825 acres of gorgeous scenery in Oxford.
2) Moose Ridge Golf Course: Located in South Lyon, this golf course challenges players of all skill levels. After completing 18 holes, relax in the “Montana Lodge” style clubhouse.
3) Coyote Preserve Golf Club: This course is an Arnold Palmer Signature course located in Fenton. Stunning views and a hilly terrain will keep players on their toes! You’ll feel like you’re up north without the long drive.
Which courses are you planning on checking out this summer? You certainly have plenty to choose from!